Zucchini Noodles with Crème OKA Sauce
When summer’s welcome warmth turns suddenly into a heavy, humid heat wave, zucchini noodles are the thing to cook. So full of refreshing flavours–and much lighter than pasta. A small package of Crème OKA is all it takes to transform the dish into a delicious swirl of silky soft noodles and perfectly crisp vegetables.
For the Cheese Sauce
- - 100 g Crème OKA
- - 2 tbsp butter
- - 2 tbsp flour
- - 1 cup milk
- - Salt and pepper to taste
For the noodles
- - 4 medium zucchini cut with a spiralizer
- - 1 tbsp butter
- - 1 tbsp water
- - 1 cup blanched edamame beans
- - 1 cup blanched fresh or frozen peas
- - 1 cup snow peas blanched for 30 seconds
- - 2 cup of watercress
- - ¼ cup sliced toasted almonds
- - Shaved OKA cheese
- - Peas roots to garnish
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the flour and cook, whisking constantly, for 1 minute. Whisk in the milk and cook until the sauce thickens. Add the entire package of Crème OKA and stir well to melt completely. Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- In a large pan, heat the butter and the water. Add the zucchini and stir gently until soft for about 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cheese sauce along with the peas and edamame beans. Toss well. Serve with a generous amount or watercress, pea shoots, almonds, and shaved OKA.
Featured product in this recipe
This Crème of Fine Cheese is perfect for tasty sauces, spreads, gourmet crackers, fondue or for other creative recipe ideas.
Cheese and wine
Chardonnays, provided they are not too woody, pair well with the OKA cheese. Among reds, a supple and fruity Pinots noir would be one of the best matches. A Bordeaux, if it is not full-bodied and has an integrated woodiness and ripe tannins, can also be a good choice.